Divorce matters for Women

Law Access NSW

A free and confidential government telephone service providing legal information, referrals and in some cases, advice for people who have a legal problem in NSW.

Phone: 1300 888 529 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri

Call the translating and Interpreting service (TIS) Phone: 131 450 and ask for Law Access NSW.

Including Aboriginal Customer Service Officers.

Law Access’ website is a great starting point for information about the law and legal issues. It includes Law Assist- providing help to people in NSW who are representing themselves in Local Court. It explains legal procedures and forms for Local Court cases. The current topics are: Dept, Car Accidents, Apprehended Violence Orders, Fines, Neighbours (fences).

Law Access Web: www.lawaccess.nsw.gov.au

LawAssist Web: www.lawaccess.nsw.gov.au/lawassist

Legal Aid NSW

Legal Aid is a government funded agency that provides a range of legal services to disadvantaged people, and representation in some cases to those who cannot afford a private lawyer.

Free legal advice is available at Legal Aid NSW offices across NSW.

To find your closest Legal Aid NSW office call LawAccess NSW

Phone: 1300 888 529

Web: www.legalaid.nsw.gov.au

Legal Aid Commission of NSW – Head Office

Phone: (02) 9219 5000

Web: www.legalaid.nsw.gov.au

Women’s Legal Services NSW 

Phone: (02) 8745 6900

Web: www.womenslegalnsw.asn.au

Family Relationship Centre Campbelltown

The friendly and professional team come from the diverse local communities and speak a number of community languages including Arabic, Samoan, French, Italian, Tongan, Greek and English. 

Families are assisted and supported through a wide range of family and relationship concerns. Many individuals are assisted at the Centre while other families can be referred to our wide network of community-based and Government services.

They assist men, women and children, couples and families to strengthen and enhance their relationship. 

If families have separated or divorced they can assist the parents, and other family members, if appropriate, develop a plan for their children. Family dispute resolution (Mediation), conducted by qualified and experienced staff, helps families to resolve parenting arrangements and can help families plan for the future.

The Centre is offering some group programs including “keeping child-focused” an information and education group for separated parents.

The centre is a warm and child friendly place and is regularly visited by men, women and children as well as families who are looking for advice, assistance and help including when families have separated.

You do not need an appointment to visit the Centre – you can drop in and receive information at any time. Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm

They are committed to providing a safe environment and can put into place arrangements to assist with your safety or the safety of your children. You should let staff know if you have any concerns as soon as possible.

This Centre is operated by the Resilient Families Group which includes UnitingCare Unifam and Relationships Australia N.S.W. Unifam manages the Campbelltown Family Relationship Centre.

Phone: (02) 4629 7000

Family Relationship Advice Line 

Phone: 1800 050 321

Web: www.familyrelationships.gov.au

Tips for Divorced Parents- Co-Parenting with your ex and making joint custody work

Web: www.helpguide.org/mental/coparenting_shared_parenting_divorce.htm

Divorce and domestic violence PDF

Property, Child Support and Maintenance PDF

Parenting after leaving domestic violence PDF

Family Mediation

Solutions for separating couples. Approved by Federal Attorney-General.

Catholicare Sydney (02) 9545 1544

Family Relationship Centre Campbelltown (02) 4629 7000

Department of Community Services

5 Allman St Campbelltown NSW 2560

Phone: (02) 4621 5600

Macarthur Women’s Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Service

A free service for women seeking information, referrals or support at Court for an ADVO. They are able to advocate for women with other services and make appropriate referrals according to their needs.

You do not need to attend Court to access their free service. They have a CALD Specialist Worker and also an Aboriginal Specialist Worker.

They attend Campbelltown, Camden and Picton Courts.

Phone: 46407333

Web: www.macarthurlegal.org.au